Bipolar Residential Treatment Center
The Arroyos Residential Treatment Center is a licensed primary mental health care facility with 24/7 staff including a psychiatrist and over 20 hours of psychotherapy with doctoral level therapists per week. We offer specialized residential treatment for bipolar disorder including an evidence-based program for bipolar disorder. We are licensed by the State of California as a primary mental health treatment facility, not a drug and alcohol treatment facility.
Our inpatient bipolar treatment includes:
- Psychiatric medication management
- Bipolar-specific Individual psychotherapy
- Bipolar-specific family therapy
- Mental health focused group therapy
- IPSRT (evidence-based bipolar treatment)
- CBT for bipolar disorder
- Psychoeducation about bipolar disorder
- Circadian rhythm therapy
Our Life Skills program identifies skills deficits that need improvement prior to discharge to a setting that requires the patient to have more personal independent living skills. Some topics covered include:
- Financial life skills
- Transportation life skills
- Vocational/educational life skills
- Independent living life skills
- Personal appearance/self-care life skills
- Meal preparation/shopping life skills
- Leisure activity planning life skills
- Medication and health life skills
Our bipolar treatment program incorporates an abstinence-based CBT/REBT psychological approach for those patients who also have a substance use disorder. We find that standard 12-step treatment is not optimal for most bipolar patients.
If you are searching for a top bipolar treatment center, we encourage you to learn more about the treatments and services that we offer. We are here to help you and your loved one.